1979 spitfire, misc info i guess

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1979 spitfire, misc info i guess
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 21:46:18 PST
Prepare yourselves for copious amounts of mis explanation and possibly
inserting foot in mouth to knee, after all day on the phone explaining
to people why their product doesnt work due to thier being morons, i
sometimes lose command of the english language, but i do have some
questions.  if you don't mind.

1...need a new top for the above mentioned car, VB, Moss and such list a
headliner but no top in the general catalog, question is are these two
seperate pieces like in a regular car and do i need both.

2...does anyone have experience with British Parts NW in dayton oregon
for parts and such, and is the catalog worth the 2.50. they have a top
for sale this month that is relatively inexpensive and would like to
know about their service.

3...duhhh, i forgot. see lost my mind again. damn i hate it when that
happens.

thanks in advance for any and all help/flames/ridicule, after all im not
smart enough to hide in a corner somewhere.

ps..fuses work on heat much like a light bulb. the filament in a fuse is
designed to heat up and seperate when the set current (plus a
percentage) has been reached.  slo blo fuses generaly use a piece of
ceramic to act as a heat sink to prevent this from happening too
quickly.  i have had fuses blow from old age as well as they are not
constantly used and when switched on and off the induced current wears
at the filament.  most fuses are rated to handle momentary (<1sec)
surges of energy equal to 200 percent their rating.  if a fuse just
blows and you replace it with no other blow outs of that fuse it is
probably due to old age (nothing personal mr masters). if you replace it
and it blows immediatly, check any inductive loads (ie motors, coils
etc) that are connected to that fuse, they are almost certainly burnt
out, although you should also check for rat eatin wires (not unlike my
spit) for grounds from the back side of the fuse.  hope this helps.

larry,
1979 spitfire  #FM99248U

currently topless/wireless/swaybarless/water pump less etc.

wired by a blind orangatan in a dark garage on a moonless
night.

pardon me i have been looking for myself, have you seen me
anywhere?