Re: 1979 spitfire, misc info i guess

To: Larry Hooven <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: 1979 spitfire, misc info i guess
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 23:20:34 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Larry Hooven wrote:

> 1...need a new top for the above mentioned car, VB, Moss and such list a
> headliner but no top in the general catalog, question is are these two
> seperate pieces like in a regular car and do i need both.

I think the Headliner refers to the Hardtop for the Spits.  The soft top
doesn't have a headliner. VB lists a top on page 10.  Moss has a top on page
23 of their Spit catalog.  If you are really talking about a "hard" top,
then never mind!!!

> 2...does anyone have experience with British Parts NW in dayton oregon
> for parts and such, and is the catalog worth the 2.50. they have a top
> for sale this month that is relatively inexpensive and would like to
> know about their service.

BPNW has been a valuable source of parts for me.  I am close, so I get UPS
ground delivery next day.  They offer generally the same parts as all the
other suppliers and if they have them in stock, they generally are less
expensive.  The few times they have made errors, they were quick to correct
them and if the parts were not very expensive, they always tell me to keep
the incorrect ones rather than ship them back.  I have no financial interest
in this company...REALLY!

Regards,
Joe Curry