Re: Spanners( wrenches) AS and SAE.

To: livo@saglac.qc.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, amace@unix2.nysed.gov, GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spanners( wrenches) AS and SAE.
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 15:10:25 PST

<snip>

>A.F.spanners can still be obtained from some motor factors here in the
UK,but
>are becoming more difficult to find as metrication bites.
>You can also obtain them by mail order from the TSSC amongst other
places.

speaking of which, there are 6 cars i work on here at the house, 5 of
which are american, the other being my beloved spitfire (not the other
the latest addition) 2 belong to friends who visit regularly to have me
help on the car or just to say hi.  so out of the 3 american cars, and 2
belonging to my buddies, only ONE has S.A.E. bolts/nuts, (yes its
society of automotive engineers, and they dictate a bunch, oil weights
wrench sizes, tap sizes etc.) my 1963 Chevy Truck, the 88 gmc truck, the
85 dodge station wagon (wifes) the 83 ford mustang (friends) and the 90
dodge shadow (again friends) are ALL METRIC.  the work i have done so
far on the spitfire has not required a single SAE socket, (except the
hose clamps which are 5/16")  just my 2 cents