My own idiot story...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My own idiot story...
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 08:28:06 -0800
God... this thread is hilarious!

So far, the only story I can contribute is this:

Years ago, before my engine rebuild, I was rebuilding the dash on my TR6.
The entire panel had been removed... crash pads, wood facia, the metal
facia, and all gauges.  It had been a while since I had run the engine, and
being generally impatient, I decided that there wasn't any reason I
couldn't start it and run it a little bit right then.  It fired right up as
I remember, but after just a minute or two I noticed the passenger's
footwell area was suddenly filling up with oil!  What the...?  Oh yeah.
The oil pressure line was no longer connected to the gauge... it was just
dangling among the mess of electrical wiring, happily spewing motor oil all
over the footwell!  What an idiot!!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 CF10732