Re: Idiot Award

To: tigerpb@ids.net
Subject: Re: Idiot Award
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 21:54:33 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ok, you all have prodded me into revealing my most carefully guarded
secret.  I have told nobody this so you should all consider yourselves
extremely fortunate to share in this piece of idiocy.

I was rewiring a '36 Dodge 4-door sedan because I was tired of not being
able to start it with the 6 volt positive ground.  So, I decided to install
a 12 volt alternator system.  Needless to say, it required a massive
replacement of all bulbs, etc.

So I was working up under the dash as it started getting dark, so I went
into the house and found the perfect implement to illuminate my project.  My
wife has a high intensity lamp with a pincher clamp on one end.  That was
just what I needed to keep the lamp in place.  So I rigged it up and in
another 3 hours, I completed the job.  Feeling very proud of myself, I
wrapped it all up and went in the house and turned in for the night.

I woke up at about 3 AM with a terrible pain in my left eye.  When I got up
my wife started laughing unmercifully.  After I calmed her down she told me
to look in the mirror.  I did and found the left side of my face was beet
red.

You guessed it, the lamp was a "Sun Lamp" and three hours of exposure
created a "close encounter of the burnt kind".  A visit to the eye doctor
revealed that no permanent damage was done to my eye.

You know, I've never used that lamp again.

Joe Curry  ( Just keep the stories coming, my life is now flashing before my
eyes)