Re: Idiot Award -Self Nomination

To: F Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Idiot Award -Self Nomination
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 10:04:44 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net

F Underwood wrote:

> Yesterday while working on the Ford, went to get a couple of tools and
> inadvertantly knocked a front valance off the wall where it had been
> hanging. It fell against the ONLY good windshield I had in storage for
> the past 18 months. YEP, the windshield was dislodged and crashed to the
> floor.
>
> WANTED: Good windshield for 59-62 MKII "LOWLINE" Consul Zephyr Zodiac in
> the USA.
> --
> Frank Underwood
> 59 Ford Consul MKII 'lowline' convertible 205E/A 204E 205730
> Carbodies Ltd 5684 - 089
> 79 Triumph Spitfire 1500 FM97634UO
> http://home.aol.com/funder770
> Atlanta GA USA (well sort of...)

  From the "One Good Story Deserves Another" department.  I wanted to re-use
the Windscreen that was in the Spit when I restored it.  In spite of the
mafia style "bullet-hole" ding, it was neat because somebody went to
considerable expense to have a very exotic Parrot etched into the right-hand
curve.

So I was extra careful to place it on top of a number of boxes I was
storing.  Then later I decided I needed to keep something else (I can't
remember what now) so I put it up there as well.  You guessed it, I now have
a new Plain windscreen from BPNW.

There is never enough staging or storage room for one of these projects.

Joe Curry