Idiot of 1974 (was 1970) award.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Idiot of 1974 (was 1970) award.
From: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 13:01:42 EST
In a message dated 98-01-01 20:14:14 EST, Greg writes:

>  Shortly after getting my GT6+ I drove it to Ft Bragg NC, where we would
both
>  > live for the next year and a half. One day after getting off duty I
jumped
> in
>  > the GT6 checked the fender mounted mirrors and the rear view, put it in
>  > reverse and proceeded to back into a tree! From that point on the
driver's
>  > side bumper was bent down a few degrees. My 1970 GT6+ has the same bent
> bumper
>  > so there is at least one other idiot DPO around.
>  >

OK,OK.  after "sharing" the info on this thread with my wife-- ('nough said
about that she remembers every gaff of mine!)  Here's another one.

Fall ''74 - small town in Italy, nice tratteria (restaurant), excellent meal
(ok a few glasses of vino), we come out, get (with much panache) in the TR4.
(BTW car is surrounded by admiring locals).  Top is down, I carefully check by
turning my head to see if we are clear behind.  Head turns to the right rear
-clear.  Head turns to the left rear-clear.  In reverse. Clutch engaged and
BOOM -- telephone pole.  Smack in the center of the rear bumper.

Been trying to explain that for 24 years.  Doesn't matter that the damage was
very superficial.  AND  Always seems to come up when she runs out of recent
"dumb-sh** " incidents.  We all have "incidents."  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L