TR4A wiring question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4A wiring question
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 03:21:37 -0500
So, I start the restoration project on my TR4A.  After lots of discussion,
I have decided to pull it apart and sandblast the body and frame.  Both are
in reasonable condition for a 32 year old car but the paint is in poor
shape.  The car was once repainted and the paint was put on too thick.
It's now cracked and peeling.  It has to come off.  All the bushings and a
floor pan have to be replaced.  Pulling the body off seems the best approach.

The bonnet is off.  The front bumper is off.  The radiator is out.  Does
WD40 come in 55 gallon drums?  The grill was taken off before and when
replaced the allen screw was cross threaded and bent and the allen socket
was scripped.  I say "was" because it no longer exists, just metal filings
on the garage floor.  I guess this is pretty typical for Triumphs.

Now I have hit a problem.  To remove the grill, I have to remove the turn
signal lights.  For the life of me, I can't figure how to remove the
lights.  I have disassembled the light housing and can't figure how to
disconnect the light from the wiring harness. The grounding (positive)
connection has a connector.  The hot wire (negative) runs straight into the
wiring harness without a connector.  Am I missing something?

I tempted to just cut the wires and reattach them later with connectors.  I
kind of like the idea that the wire doesn't have a connector to fail.  Any
is there someway to disconnect the lights without cutting the wires?

Regards,
Peter J. Thomas

Nuclear weapons can wipe out life on Earth, if used properly.  -- Talking
Heads