Re: Idiot of 1970 award.

To: WINDOWSEET <WINDOWSEET@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Idiot of 1970 award.
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 17:08:58 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

WINDOWSEET wrote:

> Happy New Year, gang;
>
> Shortly after getting my GT6+ I drove it to Ft Bragg NC, where we would both
> live for the next year and a half. One day after getting off duty I jumped in
> the GT6 checked the fender mounted mirrors and the rear view, put it in
> reverse and proceeded to back into a tree! From that point on the driver's
> side bumper was bent down a few degrees. My 1970 GT6+ has the same bent bumper
> so there is at least one other idiot DPO around.
>
> Don't ever write to this list and think you're the only one.....everyone has
> their share of idiotic moments!
>
> Greg Wolf
> 1970 GT6+ "Ian"
> Ann Arbor, Michigan

 Oh come on now Greg, you can't mean "everyone".  Surely there are some of us
who
have never made a mistake.
I know that I have never done anything stupid like that....

Unless of course you consider the time just after I finished doing a ground-up
restoration on a 65 VW Beetle for my daughter, and took it out for a spin.  I
put
my hand on the seat and felt something sticking up.  So I looked down to see
what
it was.  When I looked up, the front of the VW was wedged neatly under the
bumper
of a pickup.  Not a scratch on the pickup, but the hood, both fenders and the
driver side headlight were crunched.  Back to the shop for another round of
sheet
netal work.

Never mind.....

Joe Curry