TR6 - engine to bellhousing attachments

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 - engine to bellhousing attachments
From: Peter J Barrance <pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 15:19:04 -0500 (EST)
Hello all,

I would like to poll the listmembers on what the usual setup is for the
hardware joining the engine to the gearbox bellhousing on TR6's. On my
car, everything was nuts and bolts apart from one stud in the central top
hole which is tapped into the block (or perhaps the rear engine plate -
this is from memory...) I threaded studs into the other two holes
(directly to the left and right at the top) before I took the gearbox off.

The moss catalogue says (and I quote) - "Fit studs #328-754(2 req.)
bellhousing to engine, to ensure correct alignment first. These fit
opposite at 2 o'clock and 7 o'clock."

I don't seem to have any threaded holes at 2 o'clock or 7 o'clock. As I
said, everything was through-bolts with washers and nuts. I would like to
hear what other people have done with this.

Thanks...

Pete