RE: TR6 - engine to bellhousing attachments

To: "'Peter J Barrance'" <pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu>
Subject: RE: TR6 - engine to bellhousing attachments
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:31:48 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Just did mine...

My 76 has three studs at the top of the engine. All the rest (14 besides
the studs) are bolts and nuts with lockwashers. Of the 14 bolts, 11 are
5/16" UNF (take a 1/2" wrench/socket) and the other three are 3/8" UNF
(take a 9/16" wrench/socket). Two of the lager ones hold the starter on,
and the third was 2 above the upper starter bolt on the pass side.  Of
the 11 1/2" ones, all were the same length but two, these were a little
longer and are used to hold the clutch slave cyl to the bellhousing.

I am reasonably certain this is original. (The one 9/16 bolt does make
me wonder but that's how it was when I got the car in 1982 anyway...).

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada