RE: TR3A Numbers Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR3A Numbers Questions
From: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:28:46 -0500
Cc: musson@satie.arts.usf.edu, markg4269@toast.net
Musson, Carl <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu> wrote:
SNIP
>I ditto the suggestion to get a BHIMT build record.  Or as a less
>expensive alternative, VTR members can get build info throughtheir
>resources.  Not suitable for framing but has the basic info.  Not a bad
>idea if you are looking at a car and want to make sure of its' pedigree.
>The fancy one can come later...
>
>I don't have the name of the person who coordinates the build records
>and I am not sure of all that is included.  But maybe one of the other
>listers will have that info.   (Andy, Ken?)

The Triumph Register of America's Joel Rosen can provide factory build
record information, assumably also not suitable for framing.

Cost is $10, by commission number
        $40, by body shell number

I understand it can take a little while.

This is only available for TR2-3As, not TR3Bs  :-(>

I had this done some years ago, when the cost was $5 (I think).  Back
then I had a narrow mouth TR3.

Couldn't get anything on my TR3Bs, through Joel.  I even re-asked Joel
last year.

Joel's address as listed in the latest newsletter is:

Joel Rosen
833 Ranpart Way
Union Bridge, MD  21791

Include SASE for other models and questions.

Yes, the (front) engine plate that holds the motor mounts is different
between TR3s and TR4.  You should get the proper engine plate, as I
don't believe you can easily use the later variety in a TR3

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1962 TR3B
1962 TR3B