TR6 purchase

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 purchase
From: Tim Greenlee <greenlee@hiwaay.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:39:17 -0600
I just purchased a 69 TR6 that has been in storage for 4 years.  The car is
from west Texas so there is no rust.  The car has new tires, new carpet, new
brakes and a new top.  The problems are in the engine,  when first started the
oil pressure is only 7-10 lbs and goes to 0 when accelerated.  The oil was
dilluted with gas when I bought it, I changed the oil but the oil pressure
stayed the same.  The PO claims that the oil pressure was ok when he parked the
car 4 years ago.  I have owned TR6s in the past but have never had to work on
the engines, I have been living in the TR8 world for the past 4 years.  Any
suggestions, or am I ready for an engine rebuild.  For what I paid for the car
I expect that a rebuild in in my future.

Thanks

Tim

4 TR8s
1 GT6+
1 sick TR6
and 1 of thoes M cars that I'm trying to get out of the garage