Re: TR3 windscreen washer manual pump

To: thefryes@iconn.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 windscreen washer manual pump
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 97 10:49:47 -0500
     Henry,

     Thanks for your prompt response.
     I did think of this and put a bit of oil in from the plunger end, as I
     have successfully revived a bicycle pump this way. (The seal is
     leather, or at least leather-like, and it had dried out. It works well
     enough to pump up old TR3 tires!) But back to the washer pump - now if
     I put my hand over both nozzles at once, there is so much resistance
     that I can't push the plunger in, so I think the seal's OK.

     So, is there a one-way valve in the pump to prevent the fluid going
     back to the reservoir?

     Jim

Author:  Non-HP-thefryes (thefryes@iconn.net) at HP-USA,mimegw5
Date:    06/11/97 9:30 AM

Jim,

It sounds like the seal in your pump has given up the ghost. Sorry.

The system is a reservoir, tubing to the hand pump mounted in the dash,
tubing out of the pump to a tee, then tubing from each end of the tee to
the jets.

>     Can anyone verify the way this works? I had it out for some exercise
>     and expected it would suck water in one side and squirt it out the
>     other, but it seems to suck it in or squirt it out both nozzles
>     together, as the plunger is pumped.
>     Was there a foot valve in the bottom of the reservoir, or is my pump
>     defective?
>     TIA,
>     Jim Wallace
>     '60 TR3

 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/
 TR250  CD8096 L                  A Little Town In
 TR250  CD1074 L                  Connecticut, USA