Re: TR3 windscreen washer manual pump

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR3 windscreen washer manual pump
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 10:30:13 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jim,

It sounds like the seal in your pump has given up the ghost. Sorry.

The system is a reservoir, tubing to the hand pump mounted in the dash,
tubing out of the pump to a tee, then tubing from each end of the tee to
the jets.

>     Can anyone verify the way this works? I had it out for some exercise
>     and expected it would suck water in one side and squirt it out the
>     other, but it seems to suck it in or squirt it out both nozzles
>     together, as the plunger is pumped.
>     Was there a foot valve in the bottom of the reservoir, or is my pump
>     defective?
>     TIA,
>     Jim Wallace
>     '60 TR3

 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/
 TR250  CD8096 L                  A Little Town In
 TR250  CD1074 L                  Connecticut, USA