Re: Early Stromberg Carbs, an update

To: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Subject: Re: Early Stromberg Carbs, an update
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 21:44:58 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff Nathanson wrote:

> Mike,
>
>         According to my Haynes ZS workshop manual, your copper tabs attached
> to one of the
> four top screws, should be labeled 3365F and 3365R (R=rear and F=front). If
> they are
> any different, then a previous owner changed the carbs. Some of the early
> 175CD carbs came
> with non-adjustable needles but with adjustable jets. Maybe you have this? I
> know that
> the '71 and later TR6's had adjustable needles. I'm not too sure if the '70
> model had them.
>
>         Regards,
>         Jeff N.

My '70 TR6, Comm No CC51904 L as ZS carbs which are adjustable. I did
have
a problem with the front carb binding when trying to adjust with wrench,
but
got this freed up and it adjusts fine. As noted on another post, I would
start
by balancing the air intake before adjusting the carbs.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6