Best oil to put in a reconditions TR-7 engine?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'tr8-digest@mercury.lcs.mit.edu'" <tr8-digest@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Best oil to put in a reconditions TR-7 engine?
From: "Peter Nield (FCL)" <PeterN@fcl.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 02:32:20 +0100
I've got a completely re-conditioned engire that I'm about to put into
my Dolomite 1850 (short version of story - the 1850cc engine that was in
the car when I got it would have cost more to recondition than a
replacement - the only replacement engine to hand was a TR-7 engine - oh
darn).

Anyway, any suggestions as to an "optimum" oil to use in the engine?

I would like to avoid oil leaks (but I'll put up with the engine buring
a little oil).

I contacted the New Zealand Branch of Castrol, the rep there recommended
Castrol GTX-2