Re: Triple SU's on a 2500 motor

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Triple SU's on a 2500 motor
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:05:16 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Barry Schwartz wrote:

> >Just wondering if anyone has put triple SU's on a six, and if so, what the
> result was. Would three HS6's work?
> ***********************************
> I’ve seen pictures of just such a setup (actually using Strombergs) and
> have contemplated doing the same thing on my GT6+.  Have already drawn up
> the solid model manifold in PRO-E, but haven't made any further advances.
> It's rather expensive to get prototype castings made. but these could be
> made to accommodate 1.5 or 1.75 Strombergs or SU's.
> On another performance related note I would like to make up an exhaust
> header, but I only need the flange that bolts to the head.  Anybody got a
> rusty, broken, bent tubes, header for a later GT6 or TR6 that has a good,
> solid head flange that they would like to get rid of?
>
> Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA
>
> Bschwartz@encad.com
> 72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
> 70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
> 70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
> 73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )

 Barry,
       About your triple stromberg manifold,I would suggest talking to
Richard Good at Good Parts He makes triple manifolds for TR-6 Also
roller rockers and assorted other performance parts.Does high quality
work and has great results.I'm looking at his flyer now.(He also grinds
cams) He is an avid enthusist and runs what he sells.(Fastest time of
day TRF party autocross '97) Also a nice guy. He is located in
Mohnton,Pa. Tel (610)777-4457
                                    Hope he can help you,
                                    Bob Harris
                                    76 Spit 45276U