Re: Triple SU's on a 2500 motor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triple SU's on a 2500 motor
From: Brian Borgsatede <Sbrborg@umslvma.umsl.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 13:36:17 -0500 (CDT)

>1.  It seems that it would be a nightmare to fabricate a linkage setup
>for both
>the throttle, and the choke.  Lord knows keeping 2 SUs synchronized is
>no easy
>matter and they only have 1 interconnecting rod.  How could you possibly
>cope
>with two?

That's where I am.

I have yet to buy the manifold setup from Mr Goode (sp?).
(My wife doesn't know I'm buying it!) (About $300)

The "Tri-Carb" on the Austin Healey 3000 uses 1.5 inch SU carbs.
This is a 3 litre engine.

I don't know a lot about CFM's through a carb, but, I would immagine
the 2.5 litre engine would have to have a lot of mods to take advantage of
three 1.75 inch carbs.

The Good Parts manifold is designed to hold three ZS carbs horizontal.
MOST SU carbs are designed to run at an angle.

My plan is to use HIF 4 carbs from '71 - '73 MGBs.
They are cheap and plentiful.
The one carb has a fuel IN and OUT so the fule line just runs from carb to
carb.

Like I said, I am at the "fabricate a linkage setup" stage now.
I am open to ideas.
I hope to copy the Healey or Jag. setup.

Brian Borgstede                 I
Telecommunications Engineer,    I       '68 Triumph
University of Missouri, St. Louis       I
Instructional Technology Center I          TR-250
Phone:  (314) 516-6433          I
Fax:  (314) 516-5294            I
sbrborg@umslvma.umsl.edu                I