Re: Brake MastCyl Tipping Valve Nut

To: Rikrock@aol.com, dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca
Subject: Re: Brake MastCyl Tipping Valve Nut
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 13:04:36 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-06-28 12:17:54 EDT, Rikrock writes:

> Vise Grips, bench grinders, who needs 'em?  Just double nut that bolt and
turn
> that nutty nut right out!

Rich:

I've tried the "double nut" approach with very little success. It seems if
the hex bolt I'm trying to get out is stuck enough to warrant such
techniques, it is stuck enough that the double nuts back off first, no matter
how tight I get them. Maybe I need to get "Bubba" next door to come and
tighten them for me?

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74