My Car Won't Start !!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My Car Won't Start !!
From: "Mark S. Lepore, M.D." <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 17:54:11 -0400
Help !!
My car won't start !!  It is a 1971 TR6.
All of a sudden last pm, it started to turn over, and then went dead.  I
am not able to jump start it, but I can "pop" start it in first.  When
it is running via the "pop start" method, it works fine, even all the
electricals.  But when I shut it off and try to restart it, it is like
there is not battery in it at all!!
What could be the problem?  Why won't it jumpstart?
Please reply ASAP.  Lots of problems in just my first week of ownership.
Mark

PS - Please hurry.  It is stuck outside, and has no windows.  I fear
thunderstorms...