Re: Front shock absorbers, TR6

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: Front shock absorbers, TR6
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 00:45:59 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Pete & Aprille Chadwell wrote:

> I would like to see some opinions on front shocks.  Who has experience with
> what shocks on their TR6?  (Front only)

For what it's worth, we currently use Gabriels in current vehicle
production... and they are junk. Monroes are not much better (failure
rates are in the 20-40,000 mile range for both). Koni will offer us a
300,000 mile warranty, at a considerably higher price. Says something
about the quality of their shock absorber. The Konis I have seen for
Triumph applications have a 3-position adjustable setting, and that
might be enough for occasional hard driving. I bought Spax shocks for
the GT6 long-term project because of the greater rate of adjustability,
but cannot assess their useful life or their performance, since the car
is not yet running. And, purchased through a UK source, the cost was
quite reasonable.

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....