PAINT EVERYTHING THATS NOT MOVING

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: PAINT EVERYTHING THATS NOT MOVING
From: WBabbitt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 12:14:32 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Listers
This is a milestone weekend.  A little over a year ago a totally
non-functional 1960 TR-3A came home to my house.   Since that time its been
stripped down to the bare frame, degreased, wire brushed with a braided 3"
cup wire brush on a high speed angle grinder, cleaned with Simple Green,
treated with Metal Ready (leaves a strange white powdery finish), and coated
with POR-15.  I used a 1 1/2" sash brush and a 1/2" detail brush.  Stony
Brook Farm yogert cups are great for painting out of.  It took about 1 hour
per coat and in total used about 3/4 of the quart.  Naturally, every time you
pour out a batch of paint to use, there's some left over.  So, if it didn't
move it got painted (lower A arm pans, lower bump supports, front skid plate,
disk brake splash plates, almost my bride - but she was too quick).
Well, here it is, the morning after.  It really looks great!  Of course I
found a few small spots that were missed, so I poured out a tiny bit and
touched them up.  Oh no!   Extra paint left over again - now the rear spring
shackles and the old scissors jack from the long gone 62 Sprite get a coat of
POR-15.  One final note.  Today I learned that it really is a smart idea to
wear gloves.  Oh well, it'll go away eventually.
LET THE RECONSTRUCTION BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill Babbitt
Gales Ferry, Ct.
TR-3A In a Bag