Re: TR - Hostility toward Miatas: Many of us don't get it.

To: Bill Hooper <hooper@rf.capitolweb.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR - Hostility toward Miatas: Many of us don't get it.
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 97 07:27:29 EDT
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu
On Jun 4,  6:42am, "Bill Hooper" wrote:
> Ahem...wasn't the appearance of the Miata based on a Lotus,

Yeah, its reminiscent of the Lotus Elan.

> & didn't they spend a lot of time "tuning" the exhaust to sound
> like an LBC?

That's the rumor.

> Is anyone who drives this car likely to slalom through the orange
> cones in a highway construction zone?  Are we supposed to think
> they might?

It wouldn't surprise me.  I see an awful lot more Miatas at
autocrosses these days than Triumphs, MGs or other British cars.
At least those Miata owners are driving them the way they are
supposed to be driven, not hiding them in the garage until the
weather gets nice. <ducking behind the nomex.>

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm