Re: TR - Hostility toward Miatas: Many of us don't get it.

To: "Carol Zingone" <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>, "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@scruznet.com>
Subject: Re: TR - Hostility toward Miatas: Many of us don't get it.
From: "STU-JO" <STU-JO@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 19:00:13 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Carol, that isn't so funny! The TR8 has the battery located in the trunk
too! Helps weight distribution.

----------
From: Carol Zingone <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>
To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@scruznet.com>
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Date: Tuesday, June 03, 1997 6:04 PM

TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> Anyone with a little $$$ can go out and purchase a modern sports car.
They can go to any garage to get it worked on.  They don't need to
become mechanics or experts in parts for their car.  They don't need to
go through any rights of passage.  They don't need to do anything but
DRIVE.
----------------------------------
I agree...as does my husband, who is leasing a Miata.  They handle nice.
 You really don't have to take them to a garage to get worked on.
Mazdas are really dependable cars.

The down side was when we needed jumpstart someone with the Miata, and
my beloved couldn't find the battery.  Don't laugh too hard, it's
located in the *trunk*.  Like that's logical !

I appreciate the rights of passage...now.  I like the idea that if I get
stuck somewhere, I have the know-how and most of the parts to fix it.
It's a hobby, it's a passion, and it's fun as hell to drive ! :-))

Carol ".02" Zingone
74 TR6 -- Sybill (running !!)