Re: Zenith help?

To: "Bryan J. Zygmont" <zygmont@U.Arizona.EDU>
Subject: Re: Zenith help?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 15:29:16 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Bryan J. Zygmont wrote:

> Hey guys,
>       Does anyone know where I can get the little black "thingamabob"
> that is used to stow the seat belt in a GT6?  I recently put my Dad's GT6
> back upon the road (only 35,000 original miles), and that is one of the
> parts that I am looking for.  Victoria British does not list them.  Any
> advice would be grealy appreciated.

Bryan, what year GT6 are we talking about? Is it a Mk.1 or Gt6+, or is it
a Mk.3? Most of the earlier (pre-Mk.3) cars used American-sourced seat
belts (American Safety Weave was one of, if not THE, brand), and that part
you seek -- if it's what I think it is, namely the black "sleeve" that the
retractor reel ultimately rests in -- might well be common to any number
of contemporary American cars. So you might check junkyards, if you can
find yards that still have late 1960s and early 1970s American cars.

Just a thought....

--Andy