Re: Phony Sportscar!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Phony Sportscar!
From: Murry J Mercier <mercierm@battelle.org>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 10:13:39 -0400 (EDT)

     From my limited experience it seems that the 'Sportscar' owners (those
     that speak Japanese, German, Italian..) in my area look on me as the
     'Phony' or at least lacking in good judgment!  The advice that I
     received when I was contemplating an LBC (last year) was usually
     '..get a Miata..'.

     Here I am nine months later top down w/ morning temps in the 30s &
     40s, slight mist with forecast of showers,  come-to-think-of it, maybe
     they ARE right! But who cares?

     I do have the tonneau on as the showers may have 'small hail'...

     I guess that's what '...4th gear, 3500 RPM and the windshield are
     for...'.

     Top-down in Central Ohio

     Murry Mercier
     73TR6

     PS: I will look for additional input as a participant at the 13th
     Annual British Car Show at the Continent on Sunday (9a to 4p, May 18)
     to cap the 1st British Car Week.  Drive in with your top down and look
     me up. (Ohio Lic: MJM TR6, Green <Work-in-progress>)

     (SR 161 E of I 71 @ Busch Blvd. in north Columbus, Ohio)
     Admission free...  swap meet... Triumph is the featured Marque...