RE: Door Trim/Seal

To: badams@cyberport.com
Subject: RE: Door Trim/Seal
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:13:55 -0700
Cc: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 wrote:

> Barry,
>     It has been my experience that the VB type do not seal the gap to the
> door as well due to the materrial and the diameter of the seal. ....

The waste seals supplied by VB for this application are inferior.
They allow water to enter the door.  Avoid them.  I just removed a pair,
and replaced them with the "correct" part from TRF.  These appear to be
NOS
and may not last very long as Richard indicated.

--
Bob Sykes   -  - -  __,@_\____      s1500@worldnet.att.net
'78 Spitfires -  -- }-0-----0-`     s1500@aol.com