Replacement of TR6 crash pads...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Replacement of TR6 crash pads...
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:57:35 -0500
I am looking to replace one of my TR6 crash pads,
specifically the pad on the driver's side (US spec,
LHD) of the car, at the bottom edge of the dash.
(This pad is torn in my car -- I have a replacement
that is in good shape that I inherited in a box of
miscellaneous parts.)

The Bentley manual indicates that the wood and
metal fascia panels, need to first be removed,
therefore requiring the removal of all of the
instruments.

Do I really need to do this?  Is there an easier
way to get this crash pad out?  If so, will I be
able to get the replacement in the same way without
destroying it?

--ken
'74 TR6 Daily Driver, CF27535
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org