Re: Replacement of TR6 crash pads...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Replacement of TR6 crash pads...
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:11:00 -0500
Cc: streeter@sanders.com
>I am looking to replace one of my TR6 crash pads,
>specifically the pad on the driver's side (US spec,
>LHD) of the car, at the bottom edge of the dash.
>
>The Bentley manual indicates that the wood and
>metal fascia panels, need to first be removed,
>therefore requiring the removal of all of the
>instruments.
>
>Do I really need to do this?  Is there an easier
>way to get this crash pad out?  If so, will I be
>able to get the replacement in the same way without
>destroying it?

As I recall when I did mine, there is a flap of vinyl that extends beyond
the pad that gets tucked under the dash. So, while you could remove the old
pad without removing the dash, you would not be able to put in the new one
with the dash in place.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951