Grappling with gearbox (Spit)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Grappling with gearbox (Spit)
From: bkgallry@crl.com
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 19:24:54 -0800
I knew it was too good to last. 200 miles on my newly acquired '77 Spitfire
1500 and I'm getting voodoo noises.
Symptom : Light grinding noise in 1st gear. Happens only at very slow
speed. Noise is present whether clutch is engaged or disengaged. No noise
in any other gears.

I'd really appreciate a diagnosis and prognosis from you wrench surgeons
out there ! What can I expect ? How serious..? terminal? How much will I be
contributing to the repair shop owners next vacation ? ( I think this may
be beyond my tune up and maintain capabilities ).

Thanks all.

Erik
77 Spitfire

The Heldfond Book Gallery, Ltd.