4WD Stags & Practical Classics Magazine

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 4WD Stags & Practical Classics Magazine
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 18:05:16 -0500 (EST)
"Friends,Romans,Triumph-drivers,lend me your cyber-ears"

I have before me,upon my computer table,the Spring issue #5 of Practical
Classics Magazine,incorporating Popular Classics.
It reads on the front cover that in the USA it retails for 6.25 Dollars,so
you should be able to order it from your better newsagents?
I cannot locate a URL anywhere therein,but you know how slow on the uptake we
are over here in limeyland-except me!
However,there is a FAX # 00-44-1733-465704 (editorial)
and a telephone # 00-44-1733-237111 (editorial)
(This fine & entertaining magazine is published by the EMAP publishing empire
who own the title amongst many others)
USA subscriptions:Eric Walter Associates,Box 188,Berkeley Hts,NJ07922
        (908 665 7811).Airlifted $64.00 (US dollars). 2nd class postage at
Berkeley Hts NJ07922.
I have no connection etc,but if you get hold of the Sept 1994 issue,you can
read all about my Herald on pages 32-35...
Upon opening said magazine,one soon comes across a double page colour
advertisment of John Brown,dealer in unusual vehicles:
Therein,is an advertisment for a white Triumph Stag,registered between 1st
August 1972-31 July 1973,(I can tell by what I can see of the licence
plate).the caption says:
"(Read carefully).This is one of only two four wheel drive cars commisioned
by Triumph for conversion by F.F.Developments in 1971. This car has been
lovingly restored recently to a very high standard including bare metal
respray and a new hood. This is the only manual car with fitted overdrive and
A.B.S. braking. Built to F.F. specification. Unmarked white body with light
brown interior and lots of important history #10,950" (Ten Thousand,Nine
Hundred & Fifty Pounds) = $18,070 (Eighteen Thousand & Seventy Dollars).
Contact the dealer John Brown at Telephone: 00-44-1763-852200
It does not appear to be a hoax.
The April Fool message on the list was a laff but,it reminds me of the dual
engined pushmepullyou mini of military spec,if I recall correctly,that I read
about some years ago in a British Classic car magazine,alas I cannot remember
where?
Ah yes,and regarding Triumph Trivia,last week at our Triumph Sports Six Club
Surrey Area evening meet,we had a Triumph video night,and the portable colour
TV brought along to enable such an event was badged as a Triumph,and it
lasted the entire evening without a single breakdown!!!
Until next time,
I remain yours,Leon,interested in all things even remotely connected with our
favorite cars,even beer!,(make that especially beer)!