Re: Barnes And Noble... and cars

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Barnes And Noble... and cars
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 11:08:07 -0800
smith007@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> [snip] I'm thinking, maybe I can talk the boss into an old
> Mustang, instead of A Ford Exploder,Jeep, or new Honda, like she's been
> hinting at. I really do need to have my ears checked, and my eyes checked
> also. I couldn't believe the sticker prices on these cars.

Went through the same shock a few months ago... needed better daily
transportation, and while I was looking (in fact, still looking), I
happened to see an ad for a TR250 from Texas... new paint, Webers,
Mililite replicas, tricked-up (presumably) suspension, new top... for
$8500. I thought, that's a little high for my budget, and then realized
that it was half of the average sticker price of an ordinary new car
today. I guess what stopped me from considering the car were the
insurance rates for something like that as a daily driver.
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....