TR7 conversion alternator, possibly Hitachi

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR7 conversion alternator, possibly Hitachi
From: Bruce and Fran Armstrong <farmstrong@chesapeake.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 12:15:06 -0500
I am the owner of a 1980 TR7.  I have had my car for 3/4 of a year and
have only had it running about 1/8 of that time.  The engine was just
rebuilt, so that is no longer the problem.  My immediate obstacle is
finding an alternator to replace my old piece of junk Lucas alternator.
I found that someone successfully replaced a TR3 alternator with a
Hitchi Model LR160-16C.  I would love to put thihs in my car if I knew
that it would fit.  So, could I use this in my TR7 and if not do you
know of a reliable make that would fit my TR7.
                                Thank you,
                                        Megan Valanidas