Need air pump/rail for '75 TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need air pump/rail for '75 TR6
From: "Scott W. Paisley" <scotty@csn.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 09:16:09 -0700
I'm hoping someone out there has an air pump and an air rail for
a '75/76 TR6.  I'm in the process of going through Colorado
emissions and they require that I have that stuff on the car even
though it passes the tail pipe test. !  It's possible that I could
get a waiver, but I figure I should just get the stuff on the car.

I'm going to puchase new valves (for the air pump stuff) as they are
important pieces for the air pump to function correctly.  I'm about
to put new valves in the head too, but that's another story.

Has anyone used compression fittings and Stainless tubbing from a
hardware store to make an air rail?  I think it could
be done and would be a lot less than $175-$200 for a new rail.

Has anyone used an aftermarket air pump?  What fits?

Cheers and ADVthanksANCE!

-Scotty
 '75 TR6 (getting ready to pull the head due to bad valves) :-(