TR4 - Horns and Steering Wheel

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 - Horns and Steering Wheel
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 00:35:38 -0500 (EST)
OK guysand gals --I have two problems: ('64 TR4)

1) I have the original horns.  One was not working, so I bought a
replacement.  It is not anything like the original except for the sound.  I
still have the original but as you know it is riveted together.  My questions
are: has any one repaired one of these babies and what do I need to do to get
it functioning again?  ( I already tried the adjusting screw on the top -
nada).

2) Has anyone restored the original steering wheel?  I have the Eastwood book
on steering wheel restoration, which gives some good generic info.  I would
like some additional info from someone who has restored his or hers.  The
steering wheel has some deep grooves from my class and wedding rings over the
last 33 years and some hairline cracks where the center spokes join the outer
section.  I know that steering wheel repros are available but I would like to
do a restoration and keep the original wheel.  What is the best material to
fill in the grooves and the best paint for the final finish?  Any sort of
tricks as far as materials, techniques and "watch out fors" etc.?   Thanks.

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L