K&N air filters (hopefully not a dead horse)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: K&N air filters (hopefully not a dead horse)
From: Jim Hardesty <jhardest@infinet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:54:50 -0500
TRF lists three different K&N replacement filters and covers for TR6s.

Can anyone tell me the difference bewteen:

TRFCD18  Air Cleaner Kit, Chromed round canisters with washable
elements; kit includes one pair of elements. ($89.98)

TRFCD215 Air Cleaner Kit, Chromed round canisters (5 7/8-in. x 1
3/4-in.) with washable element ($39.95)

TRFCD252 Air Cleaner Kit, Chromed round canisters (5 7/8-in. x 3
1/4-in.) extra deep; Kit includes one pair of elements. ($89.95)

It appears TRFCD215 and TRFCD252 differ only in the depth of the filter,
obviously, the deeper filter is preferable.

Would both of these fit all years, or is there a clearence issue with
certain years?

And what about TRFCD18?  What size is it?  How does it differ from the
other two?

Commentary:

I'm not impressed that TRF's catalog does not supply complete
information about the parts in question.  I know I can call the tech
line, but the information should be written, not obtained off the top of
someone's head based on what parts are in stock today. (Not my intention
to imply TRF would do so, simply my concern as a consumer).