RE:Ca. DMV Struggle

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE:Ca. DMV Struggle
From: c394829@is6.mdc.com (Kurt Oblinger)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 97 7:52:15 PST
Two words, AUTO CLUB! The Ca. DMV has to be the largest collection
of room temp IQ homo sapians I have ever dealt with. Some of the
best $ you can ever spend in Ca. is to join the local chapter of
the AAA, mine is the Automobile Club of So. Cal. They have offices
all over the place (less than 1 mi. from my house, another next to
my office). They are generally intelligent, informed and courteous.
They can handle all DMV transactions involving registration and
transfer of title including applying for license plates (special
and otherwise). They can "verify" the numbers on a car taht is not
in their computer. If you contest their opinion on a matter they
will check the vehicle code to find out who is right! You also
get all those cool maps and towing service (I've never had to call
them to tow a TR!)

Having said all these glowing things, they also support some of
the scrappage programs.

Yes, Ca. is really a terrible place! You get really tired of 70
degree days in Dec. and Hwy 1 up the coast is a myth perpetuated
with the help of Hollywood special effects. And yes, the cars do
rust, especially if you live by the beach!

Cheers,
Kurt (longing to live in Fargo) Oblinger
Redondo Beach, Ca.
c394829@is6.mdc.com