Starter Fixed - Thanks

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starter Fixed - Thanks
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:41:02 +0000
Cc: Matthew J Mullin <mjmullin@juno.com>
Regarding my current starter problems, I wish to thank all who
responded to my plea for help.  Especially to "rgb", Roger, who
suggested having my starter rebuilt locally.

The car is a '71 TR6.  About 4 or 5 years ago I had my original
starter replaced with a remanufactured unit.  The reman. starter
failed recently, and I took my original starter to a local starter
re-build shop. (Mike's Automotive in Cincinnati, OH -- even repainted
the thing.)  The cost to have this original starter rebuilt was
$45.00.  The cost of the remanufactured starter 4 or 5 years ago was
$140.00!

Last night I replaced the bad starter with the original, newly rebuild
one.  It worked!  But not only that, the original starter sounds very
smooth in operation.  I look forward to a long service-life from my
"new" original starter.

Thanks again for the advice.

Sincerely,
Kevin D. O'Connor