Subject: Re: Dashpot oil - SU vs Strombergs

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Subject: Re: Dashpot oil - SU vs Strombergs
From: Greg Tobin <GTOBIN@astea.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 07:29:00 -0700
  I too have the problem that the oil leaks out quite rapidly (within
100 miles.)  I never really considered it a big deal, and always just
attributed it to the fact that I use WD40 as the oil.
WD40 seems to cling to the piston sides quite well, and when the oil
does run out,  throttle response is immediate, and the walls aren't
going to get scuffed up.

 I found that anything heavier than MMO was terrible in cold weather.

Greg Tobin
'72 Mark IV
'79 1500