Re: water pump grease & Herald madness<970324153516_1648926479@emout19.m

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Re: water pump grease & Herald madness<970324153516_1648926479@emout19.mail.aol.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 09:35:17 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: krisc@pi.bnis.net.au, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Morning,

>Only 125mph! Well,I got 110mph out of my 1200 with 8-port head and twin choke
>webers on Bruntingthorpe's two mile long runway,in Leicestershire,very close
>to our friend Richard Jackson!

Also VERY near our Pub meeting place, the Plough at Bruntingthorpe,last
Thursday of every month if anyone's around that neck of the woods!! :-)

Regards to speed, I saw 115mph on the speedo of my well beaten up MkIV Spit
'ONCE' on a downhill section of the A14, very scarey, although even the
girlfriend was impressed,  I've seen 110mph a couple of times, and 100mph used
to be a regular feature of the Bixworth bypass, alas the poor thing is tired
now, so 90-95 is all it can manage on a good day, I'll try it tonight and see
what I can get! :-)

>My passenger took a photo of the speedo as I
>began to slow down/up at 107mph,you can see my white knuckles! I've also got
>a speeding ticket from the M4 motorway,back on 7 April 84,just after first
>fitting that tuning gear,at 90mph,the policeman said I had been measured at
>93mph,but he'd let me off he odd 3mph! Luckily for my licence I was slowing
>down at the time,(8am Sunday morning),on an (almost)deserted motorway. If he
>had seen me just a few minutes earlier,when I was doing over 100mph,I'd have
>lost my licence for a year,and I don't think the insurance company would have
>regarded me very favourably,but that's all a long time ago,when I was young
>and foolish,now of course,I'm older!

still foolish???? :-)

>Then there was that time I was stopped by the police for doing 75mph in a 40
>mph zone,(an empty dual-carriageway at midnight,where no-one ever does
>40mph),the copper said,and I quote,"lift-up the bonnet sir",and "where
>exactly did you say you get that exhaust manifold(headers),from sir?" etc,and
>they let me off with a warning! (Nowadays it's all speed cameras and
>obedience!)

Speed camera's tend to ignore bribes and blackmail photo's eh!!! :-)

                                      I've been a
>passenger in a concours GT6-3 being driven by an ex-racing driver at an
>indicated 140mph,eeek! and a passenger in a rather beaten-up Mk.2 Vitesse
>Convertible,roof down at an indicated 125mph'ish. Interestingly,both of those
>drivers have now moved on to Jaguars! Does anyone else out there have any
>more TRUE figures of maximum velocities obtained in their Triumphs?
>Regards Leon,(ex-Boy Racer)

Cheerio

Rich(still a boy Racer) :-)