Re: cubic dollars vs pounds of sweat

To: gpetrola@prairienet.org, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: cubic dollars vs pounds of sweat
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 18:28:03 -0500 (EST)

<< Are you NUTS???

        Dan get it done... and soon... Having it is much more fun than
        getting to that point (BTW, it gives SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED less
        to complain about...) >>

I would agree with you totaly, except that I am fortunate (or unfortunate,
depending on your point of view) to also own a '71 TR6, 8 years on a full
restoration, and a '74 MGBGT, in original, excellent condition. I drove my
TR6 to Miami Beach last week, and as I drove, I couldn't help but think, if
this thing is this much fun to drive stock, what a blast it will be with a
V8!.

But you're right, the TR6 is nearing the need for another restoration. This
time, however, it should be fairly easy to do, since I have kept it well
maintained. Primarily, it will need a new paint job, and a good chassis
cleaning and repainting, along with minor engine work.

The biggest problem with not getting the TR6/302 project done is it takes me
away from the MGBGT. It has a few rust spots that are going to need attention
soon (to say nothing of the Buick V8 slated for it in the near future).

As for SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED, I am also very lucky there. When I retired two
years ago, instead of giving me a long list of over due HONEY-DOs, she told
me my job was to finish that car. We now hire a lot of the work I used to do,
leaving me more time for my hobbies.

As for mowing the lawn, I am doing the next best thing - I am planting ground
cover, trees, and shrubs so I have as little as possible to mow. I started
with 1 1/4 acre, but I am down to a postage size lot now. Mowing takes about
20 minutes!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN