"Clicking" Starter-76 TR6

To: Unknown <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: "Clicking" Starter-76 TR6
From: "A. Neil Beasley" <74741.2020@compuserve.com>
Date: 22 Mar 97 07:34:37 EST
Hello all,

The TR 6 has been sitting out the winter in the shop and when I tried to start
it, it slowly turned over as if the battery had run down. Then,  the turning
stopped and the clicking noise came from the solenoid area. I tried to jump it
off from another car and the starter turned over for several turns and then
stopped, being replaced by the clicking sound. Another battery did the same
thing.  We pulled the TR 6 and got it started and ran it for awhile. When we
stopped and tried to restart, we got only the clicking sound.

Does this sound like a bad solenoid or what? Would you pull the starter and take
it to a repair shop?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Neil
76 TR 6