Re: tie rod ends

To: "Cregg Cowan" <cowan@erg.sri.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: tie rod ends
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 08:30:12 -0600
Cc: <cowan@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Someone out there may know for sure, but I think the Brits are going
through the same type of corporate consolidation as we have in the US.
IMHO, the Moprod name is just a new one on the same old Quinten Hazell
product. I got a water pump from TRF in an FIA box with TRF's Quinten
Hazell part number sticker on it. Maybe Charles can explain this.  To the
best of my knowledge, some parts (such as tie rod ends and ball joints) are
only made by one manufacturer, and we're stuck with crappy parts or no
parts. All QH parts are crap.  That's what JC Whitney used to sell when
they carried our stuff. Hey, if I'm wrong please let me know where I can
get anything besides Quinten Hazell. I hate changing ball joints because
the rubber boots deteriorate.

Bob in Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
rgk@flash.net