brake line bending

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: brake line bending
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 15:56:33 -0600 (CST)
Finally!!!  A day or two close to 60 degree's and as soon as my rear springs
come another season of driving untill November, (hopefully)!

I did not buy the Sears brake line bending tool for $25 and instead got a
little $2 thing at the gyp store.  I really had reservations about this but
finally got the nerve to go ahead and bend my brake line to copy the one I
had ruined.  One bend required was a nasty 90 degree right at the end nut.
The tool I purchased was too large so I used a small hammer head, the vise
and my clenched my teeth.  It worked nicely and with the small tool and
various other devices I had a replica made.

Any other thoughts on forming/bending small lines like this?  What works for
others?
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Wellman, Iowa