Front Speaker(s) Installation/Crash Pad Repair

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Front Speaker(s) Installation/Crash Pad Repair
From: "Barry H. Adams" <badams@cyberport.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 05:59:04 -0700
I'm currently redoing the dash, crash pad, gloveboxes, etc on my 74
Spitfire.  PO had installed an after market radio and rear speakers.  There
is, what appears to be, a stock speaker (disconnected) in the RH glovebox .
 Has anyone installed a front speaker on the LH (driver's) side?  If so,
where did you put it?

For those of you redoing your crash pads, I repaired mine in the following
way which was suggested by a local auto upholsterer.  He claims he's been
successfully using this method for 10 years.

        (1  Push the old vinyl material down around the cracks.  Some of it will
break off. If necessary, trim the edges of the cracks.

        (2  If the cracks are deep/wide, fill them with  silicon and smooth it
with a wet finger.

        (3  Then cover all cracks with duct tape.

I then  covered the entire crash pad with new vinyl using a glue that the
upholsterer gave me which is supposed to be resistant to high temperatures.
 The pad looks excellent!

Barry H. Adams
74 Spitfire