New Car!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Car!
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:58:51 -0600
Cc: Mark_Terpening@amrcorp.com, Lynn Terpening-P27171 <Lynn_Terpening-P27171@email.mot.com>
Scions and Spit lovers,
    Good news! I have just purchased a 1971 Spitfire. Lucky for me the wife
thinks it is hers and wants it sorted. She even put her Mazda outside so it
could stay in. The car seems to have been a spent a lot of time in
Bakersfield, Ca. as it came with a pile of receipts for smog re-inspections
for several different female owners back in the 80's. Some one finally got
wise and brought it to Texas in the early 9's where it has sat in storage
(and 2 more owners) waiting for me.
   I got it from a guy that dissassembled it and loved to order new parts.
It came with 6 Zerox paper boxes full of new parts. You know things like
master cylinders, rotors, brakes, springs, wooden dash, door panels, wiper
blades, new tonneau, and the list goes on. Tons of new stuff.
    Roger Bolick from the list saw it and suggested just I just put it
together and drive it. I could do that but... When the Goverment allocates
funds to build a bridge even when there is no road you don't turn down the
funds. Like wise when your wife says "Media blast it and make it look as
good as the GT6" you don't question her.
   The car appears to be free of rust with exception of a few pinholes under
the driver seat. I'll take it down the the stripper in a few weeks and get
the real picture. One door (passenger) appears to have its share of bond-o.
Of course I gave away a passenger door that I carried around with me for 6+
years some months back. Isn't that the way it supposed to work? Door
donations excepted.
   The specifics on the car are:
Comm. no. HF9365L
Engine  KF5734HE
Head 515973
Paint 55 (Laurel Green) Now it is a metal flake white
Int. 32 (Tan) But probably will be black

  Hoping to get some photos up on the web site in the next couple of weeks.
Possible an online photo documentary. I am sure I will have questions
specific to this year model for you guys time to time. As a GT6 owner since
1972 I am not too sure what those snaps are for or if they are in the right
places. Oh yes, the purchase price....I feel real bad about this one...$450.
I know I stole it but she is in a good home.

Regards,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 KF166L
71 Spitfire HF9365L