Re: '76 Spit (Speedometer backlighting)

To: Terry Thompson <tlt@digex.net>
Subject: Re: '76 Spit (Speedometer backlighting)
From: Isaac Crow <Isaac@Avana.Net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:19:34 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Terry,

I've had the same problem with my dash lights.  First thing would be
check the bulb and see if it is good.  It always is.  Next, check the
ground between the bulb holder itself and the case of the speedometer.
If that doesn't fix the problem, check the grounding between the gold
brackets that hold the speedometer case to the metal front of the dash.
Check at both where these brackets contact the dash, and where they
slide onto the threaded posts on the back of the speedometer.  Make
sure  the round holddowns on the posts are good and tight.  Hopefully,
after all this, you will have found the problem. If not, you will need
to trace the feed wire running to the bulb back and see why you aren't
getting any "Lucas juice".

Isaac Crow
'71 Spitfire