RE: Spitfire rear hub removal

To: "'eddy-ulm@juno.com'" <eddy-ulm@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Spitfire rear hub removal
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 03:53:57 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Eddy,
        You wrote,

>I've just had one hell of a time attempting to change the rear bearing on
>my 1980 Spitfire.
>Anyone out there do this job before, and if you did how ?

        Well...you  CAN get the proper tool from TSSC, or you can make one!
Barry Schwartz has fashioned the simpler disk version (ask him for details).  I
made one from an old splined hub.  Using your favorite puller, cut a slot in
the hub, drop in the puller minus the arms, drill a hole in the knock off cap,
screw cap down, voila...  Actually is that easy.  Call me at work today or
tomorrow and I'll sketch up a diagram and fax it to you.

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar

Direct Phone    1-415-855-6407
Fax             1-415-354-7272