Re: Heralds etc + under 25 insurance

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Heralds etc + under 25 insurance
From: Ben@seiph.umds.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 13:55:28 +0000
Rich,

Thanks for the reply.

>>Yes, it IS possible,  Yes, it IS fun, Yes, the doors DO fly open all the
time during the topless driving, and usually afterwards to.  How do I
know, ask my girlfriend, she was NONE to pleased once when I picked
her up from work in her NEW converted Herald. Some women have NO
sense of humour(NO comments about needing one being with me
please!!) :-)

Perhaps I should appreciate my partner more, she didn't even squeak
when hers flew open on a tight right hander, just casually pulled it shut
again and checked her seatbelt.

>>Also, on a heavier note, IF you have a smash(touch dashboard that
you don't) you will probably find the insurance void!!!  I know I did it, I
was(am) stupid, I sinned.......I was young!!!! :-)

Can anyone confirm this? I'm with the TSSC FJ insurance. I could just
give them a ring I suppose.

>>TSSC Leicester Area Organisor, and owner/Nurturer of 76 Spit 1500,
73 Spit MkIV, '71 Herald 13/60 Estate(With useful sunroof), '69 Moggy
Minor, '67 Herald 1200 Saloon(The girlfriends really), '66 Austin A40
Farina, and a partridge in a Pear Tree!!  Oh, and the girlfriends Mini!!!
Also, '96 McLaren F1 LM, (Honest!) :-)

With all of those cars, I assume that you both are older than 25.  We
couldn't get blanket cover for Claire as she's under 25 so the Mini has to
go. Does anyone know of any companies in the UK which will insure an
under 25 driver with 3 years no claims to drive any car (such as the FJ
over 25 cover) at a reasonable rate?

Ben
Brighton